Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Who's Hot and Who's NOT!!!

Brace yourself for more expert analysis - but this time, in a cool listy list with pictures and titles and stuff!!!!! Here are the two categories of today: Who's Through, and Who's Only Just Begun. Let's start with Who's Through!!!!



Who's Through #1 (Literally) - Martin Gramatica

We all know this guy - ever since the good Lord created the football, he's been kicking them every which way. But that may be about 3 years too long for Gramatica. What with the groin injury and after Monday's game, he should know to be honorably retiring - if not now, as soon as their season is over.






Who's Through #2 - Kurt Warner

I don't know about the rest of you guys, but I was pushing for Matt Leinart the whole time during the preseason. The kid looks like a strong QB that knows what it takes to lead a football team. I say bring him on now! After getting defeated 56-35 by the Jets and fumbling the ball about every time he was touched, 37-year-old Kurt Warner texted his wife that he was going to retire. He's waiting out the season, but still thinking about it. This IS the final year of his contract, and Leinart is the future for this team - let's just all embrace the enjoyable inevitable!


Who's Through #3 - The Detroit Lions

Sad, but true. All I have to say is maybe next season.









Enough gloom and doom... who has only just begun? Well I'll tell you...


Who's Only Just Begun #1 - Matt Forte


No explanation needed! This RB has been rocking the NFL ever since he stepped foot into it's fair realm - and he's just getting warmed up!



Who's Only Just Begun #2 - The New York Giants

You got it! The whole team of them. Even with the retirement of Michael Strahan and the injury of Umienyora, this defense has been for the most part, impenetrable. And don't even get me started talking about the offense! Brandon Jacobs is an amazing rusher, and Eli Manning's passing has been amazing with only 1 interception this year. They've been scoring an average of 31.75 every single game - no baseball scores this season folks! The Giants are still on top, and are out to prove to a cynical America that Super Bowl XLII was NOT a fluke.



Who's Only Just Begun #3 - Aaron Rodgers

After my personal disappointment and recovery over the Favre incident, I gave Rodgers a good checking-out. When I finally expressed faith in the preseason, everybody laughed and rolled their eyes. Packer fans weren't too happy either - but now that he's getting better stats than anyone could have imagined, their insults got shoved back into their own throats. Who's laughing now? That would be Rodgers. And you have to show respect for a guy that comes out and plays the whole game with a sprained shoulder and still throws three TD passes. The dude is a Good Quarterback with a capital "G". Don't get hung up because the Packers haven't won every game - give him time. This is his first starting NFL season and frankly folks, it's amazing football.


So there you have it, all you football fans that are hanging on my every word! (All -17 of you!!!!) And I hath also decided that I ain't so bad at this whole NFL analysis article thing - one of these days I'll do it for a living!!!! Ok, maybe not...

9 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:26 AM

    I add +1 to your football fans

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm just laughing about 'the kid...' How much older are these guys than you? lol
    anyways, it's weird to watch college football, and see all those HUGE guys, and realize that I'm older than about a third of them, and in a few years I'll be older than all of them...
    weird... I'm used to watching/hearing about football and not even being in college yet.

    BTW, what do you think of Bobby Petrino? Not that you follow college football as closely as you do NFL.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous10:47 AM

    Well... not much... I mean, Leinart IS only like, 22...:P Heeheeheeheehee!

    Yeah I dunno Bobby Petrino... but I guess I should watch more college football for the sake of the future NFL stars, huh?

    My dad is now older than everybody - even Favre. It's kinda weird that all the coaches and announcers are players that he remembers!!!!:P

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous4:23 PM

    Yeah...even Favre.. I remember his rookie year. BTW - Farve has thrown more touchdown passes in a single game as a Jet than Aaron "duck" Dodgers has thrown all year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous5:57 PM

    Favre who?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous8:38 PM

    LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL
    Even Farve, how old is Farve? and Dad aren't you in your thirtys? Yep Grandma Gramatica is done. And everyone who said "brett Favre forever" like for example Meggy are saying Brett Favre never. Colts are the best team in the NFL, people were saying "how bout them Cowboys" Now its wow those colts are the best comeback team ever!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous10:51 PM

    You sound like... Homestar Runner. "The fit is go!" Just check out the punctuation... lower right:P

    But it is not true that Dad is in his thirties:) And what, you don't think Dad can throw as good as Fav-ray?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, Meg, you know so much more about football than I!! EEK! I'll have to start studying those honchos and see if I can actually name more than 3. :D
    Thanks for your sweet comments on my posts! And I'm SO glad you are able to use the pumpkin recipe. [Might I add that those pumpkin spice bars were DA BOMB!!!!]
    Catch ya later, girl friend!
    Oh!!
    I almost forgot. I made another blog [yes I now have four]; this one is specifically for my story that I'm writing. I've already posted the first chapter; go check it out!! PWEAZE? Pwetty pwease with a cherry on top??
    LOL, well hope to hear from ya soon!!

    Luv,
    Chliara

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous8:14 AM

    I'd love to!!!!! What's the link?

    ReplyDelete