Monday, August 23, 2010

First Day of School!

Like, in my whole life. Seeing as we never had a Summer break from school while I was homeschooling, this was my first first day of school...college level. UAFS baby. The day started off purty good--before I left the house that is. Once I got there I circled around a zillion different parking lots for literally 20 minutes (at least). I finally found something, so we can all praise the good LORD that I'm not STILL out there driving around with ear steam fogging up my windshield. But, I was already late. So I call my mom that I found a parking place and whine for a bit, getting madder by the second. By the time I called...


this handsome fella, I was screaming mad and had no clue where I was (since I had parked approximately 19 miles away from school). But luckily for this mess of a princess, the knight was nearby to find me and dash to the rescue, accompanied by his trusty sense of direction! I stopped by bawling and he showed me that I was in the same state as the college after all, then went riding off into the sunset (AKA math class).

All good right? Not quite. When I actually got into a building I realized....I was wearing my prescription sunglasses and had left my real glasses in my car back in Mississippi! Great. So I spent that class time either blind as a bat, or in a dark room when I had to read the slides up on the wall. Oh boy. The teacher from that class made us all take as much toilet paper as we would need for a three day camping trip and then tell something about ourselves for each square we pulled. I still have it cuz we didn't get to my turn, but I did learn someone very useful to stay away from based off the information they gave...yikes.

Then I get out and ok, I need my real glasses for serious. So, knight in shining armor comes dashing in once again to show me where I parked my car while I looked about and hoped I could remember in a couple hours.

Then off to drawing class. Purty fun! But there are no chairs, so it was kinda awkward. But I did meet two girls who shared my major and had some of the same classes as me. Both freshman. One I met and kinda hooked up with at student orientation and she's real sweet, and the other seems nice too.

Then I went and found my car (yes, for real), got nice and lost, then went home. I think it's just mandatory that I take a scenic, roundabout way and then go home, since I find a different route every time. Oh well.

I got some homework done when I got home, and got all ready for my first second day of school. Which is...tomorrow. Must go to bed! Byebye now!

4 comments:

  1. bless your heart! for the first week or so, plan to park far and walk ;) if you can get to Grand Ave Baptist, then you can park there and take the shuttle that they're running for now. Or maybe i can get you to my house and you can park here and walk to the shuttle.
    Let me message you my cell on FB in case you need some help again, we're very close to the college, Luke used to ride his bike there after we moved.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no!! Well, I am glad you survived, and good thing your man was there to help! (Nice picture, by the way.) Good thing it just gets easier after this.

    Good luck with the rest of the week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous11:34 AM

    Way to go Meggy!! It'll just get easier from here on out. I'm sure your next post will be of a much more positive experience.

    Love ya,
    Aunt Mich

    ReplyDelete
  4. Laurie4:42 PM

    You are a writer for sure, Meggs! *laughs* That was great. And amazing that you have started college! *sighs* Hard to believe. However, we can be Freshmen together. :D (okay, okay....not quite the same) teehee.

    Love ya lots!

    Laurie

    ReplyDelete