Sunday, March 30, 2008

I hereby call an INTERNET REVOLUTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

VERSE OF THE DAY: "You are the light of the world—like a city on a hilltop that cannot be hidden…” Matthew 5:14
We had one Soccer Saturday!!!! J-dude had a game first and the Tigers won like 13-2. THEN we zipped to to where Dad was coaching Jess's game and watched the second half of his 11-0-ish win. Sticks had a game after lunch, but Swoosh broke the winning streak:( Boooooo!:P
Lets go back in time to J-dude's 7th birthday. He opened an envelope and pulled out a ticket. He didn't know what it was at first, but Sticks took one look, gasped, and did that spin he does when he can't believe something and it's so cool. It was a ticket to the opening Colorado Rapids soccer game against (guess who) LA GALAXY!!!!!!!!!! For those of you who don't know soccer, David Beckham, the biggest soccer player in America and almost the world, is on that team along with Sticks's "friend" Landon Donavan - the awesome short guy from the USA Men's National team. Turned out Sticks got a ticket for his early birthday present, AND... we skip back in time to where we were before.
So the go to the game early, hoping to catch David Beckham for pictures and autographs. We girls and littleuns had macaroni & cheese with hot dogs for dinner. Yum! Then we girls watched A NEW HOPE until the guys came home. Well, we didn't really WATCH it, per se. We were kinda busy laughing about how Obi-wan has the same clothes on as he does 20 years earlier and the New Yorker way to say "Garbage Compactor" (Jazzy, ya feelin me?). But the guys came home with David Beckham jerseys on, ice cream, and these cool loud horns. Turns out they didn't get to meet Beck, but Dad got some cool pictures of him! BUT!!!!!! Rad as this guy and Donavan and Ruise(sp) are, CO won 4-0!!!! The guys say it was so cool. Sounds so cool!!!!!
It's snowing outside, but believe it or not folks, SPRING IS HERE!!!!!!!! I can tell because the little flowers in our yard are out and the little birdies are back!!!!!!!! All I've seen mostly in the bird line are big noisy geese and the occasional crow. But the little birdies are here!!!!!!! HUZZAH!!!!!!!! Thank you God for little birdies!! They are very much nicer than big ones.
Ah, and it comes to it now. The fateful moment. A bit back, I started posting of the Girls of God Blog after a long delay. I noticed a little something. These blogs may be familiar. You may even be an author of blogs like Undercover, Soli Deo Gloria, or Extreme Revival. Anyway, I noticed that some of these blogs were getting, well, slow. Nobody commented anybody else. Sometimes posts took a long time too, but it was the lack of encouragement that bugged me most. I thought, "We are all friends in real life that share the same beliefs in a lost world- why don't we talk about it and encourage each other on the most widespread thing on earth - the internet?" I thought I should do something about it, but I wasn't sure quite what besides just commenting people myself. THEN I felt a revolution coming on. THEN it turns out I wasn't the only one! My dear bestest friend Emy has started a blog called Jesus Freak Teens for anyone who wants a internet revolution like us!!!!! I think the next step is to promote each other's devotion blogs when we can, comment each other, post on our own blogs, and most of all pray for each other. My point:
I hereby call an INTERNET REVOLUTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I hope you'll all join me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

16 comments:

  1. Anonymous1:32 PM

    Pretty cool, huh? Kina like the time you, me, and Lady all had the same idea to start something like Prayer Partners, isn't it? Anyway, just awesome to see how God works. Thanks for putting the link on here. I've already had several people that I don't even know interested!! If you have any ideas please let me know! I don't want this to be MY thing...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous2:51 PM

    Guess what... I *finally* listened to some of the soundtracks this week, including "Twilight and Shadows". I didn't realized that Renee Fleming sang on the soundtrack. She has such a pretty voice. I was just adding some new music to my ipod and put that one on there, and then i also saw another one that it said that she sang on, so I added it to my ipod also but didn't listen to it yet. I can't remember what it was called, but when it came on my ipod the other night, it nearly scared me to death. It took me a minute to figure out what it was. Anyways, it was kind of funny. But I just wanted to let you know that I do think it is really pretty!
    Blessings,
    ~Hannah/Judy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous3:36 PM

    Thanks! I'll listen to those too!
    But... do you mean to tell me that you actually dare to slight the talent of JUDY GARLAND! *gasp* Oh horrors! You just probably aren't familiar enough with her voice or her acting abilities to be able to appreciate her. In fact I am sure that is the case. :) I must fix that. When you come (I here that you are coming about once a day or so from Emma) then I have awarded you the privilege to get to watch all my Judy movies and listen to all of my Judy cds. Aren't you honored?! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous4:26 PM

    Nope she ain't. She won't have no time for watching those...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous4:50 PM

    BTW, when we formatted CtB, we were desperate for something else, and we went to GoG (since you told me we could take something from there), and we saw the princess post and snapped it right up because we both thought it a) had a great point and b) was INCREDIBLY well written - loved the use of dialogue, the details - gal you are better than a lot of ppl in my writing classes, at least you were in that post.
    And I meant to tell you how good it was, but at the time I had no time, b/c we were in the middle of writing CtB, and now I just barely have time, so yeah. You shall see it in the last issue of Call to Battle.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous4:51 PM

    Hannah/Judy - I ummm... I don't know that I've ever seen Judy garland in anything. i like old b&w movies, but I don't think I've ever seen her in any.
    I shall have to watch some, sometime, if she's as good as all that :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous6:12 PM

    I am honored but we really won't have time Judy. Emy and I will be up all night probably:P
    Thanks Lana!!! You're so sweet!!! Have you seen the Wizard of Oz? THat's what I've seen her in.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous7:40 PM

    'Member to give me discussion ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous8:15 PM

    That could be why you people can't see Judy for what she really was. Remember, as famous as it is, The "Wizard of Oz" was her first full-length film. I would suggest, "Babes on Broadway", "Meet Me in St. Louis", or "In The Good Old Summertime". I've also seen "Babes in Arms", and "Presenting Lily Mars", which are also good but I didn't think they were quite as good as the others.
    But Meg (can I call you that?) even if I can't persuade you to watch a whole movie, can I at least play you a couple of songs??? :)
    Lana ~ what are your favorite black and white movies? My favorite b & w with out Judy is "It's A Wonderful Life". I always cry after watching that movie. Something about when they are all singing "Auld Lane Syne". But I just love it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous8:21 PM

    Of course you can call me that!!!!!!!! A couple of songs would be cool! I've never seen the whole thing of It's a Wonderful Life. I should! Everybody says it's great!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous8:44 PM

    Nope. No time. You can't steal her. Too many movies to watch, too little time.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Emma calm down...give her three and a half minutes. :P That's a decent length for a good song, anyways.
    But, Meggy, I'm in...on this...ah...revolution. Sounds much awesomeness. Let's do it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Anonymous10:09 PM

    Nope. :P

    ReplyDelete
  14. Anonymous7:55 AM

    Heeheehee! Well, while I'm at your house are you the boss?:P

    ReplyDelete
  15. Anonymous10:17 AM

    Me is, yep. ;P

    ReplyDelete
  16. Anonymous12:51 PM

    Whoa.

    ReplyDelete