Monday, May 28, 2007

Pray for Elijah


Elijah Talley , whose link is below on the side, has just relapsed with neuroblastoma, which is some kind of cancer that I hope I never have to know the meaning of. He is J-man's age and was cancer-free for awhile. I really feel for him and his family. It took me very by surprise. Pray for him MUCH!!! Ya know those rubber bracelets with words on them? He's got yellow ones that say PRAY FOR ELIJAH on them; let me know if you want one.
I REALLY encourage you to check these kid's caringbridge sites. They need lots of prayers and it's almost like knowing them once you check on them every day and let them know you're praying for them. Palmer said that she loved it when people told her that and it made her feel better. They help each other too and ask for prayers for other kids on their websites. They all need prayers, I've got a list of links and you can tease a few more off of their websites. Chase Wellenberger down there has the most I think, and has them all in quite convenient categories: WARRIORS (kids fighting cancer), CHAMPIONS (cancer-free patients), and ANGELS (kids who have gone to be with Jesus on account of cancer). One of the worst things for me to see is a Champion moving to the Warrior's list, or anyone moving to the Angel's list. Once you get to know them and pray for them it makes your day to see somebody new in the Champion's list - and it makes a different kind of day when you have their page up all day refreshing it while a parent posts continually during the 5-year-old's last earthly hours and you finally close it because there's nothing more. Both of which have happened here. They need you to pray for them - make a friend and support a kid...or 2...or 5...or 10!
Pray A Lot! ~Meggy T



No comments:

Post a Comment