Monday, June 18, 2007

Fun with Wingycousins!

We got to go to the cousins' house for a family weekly get-together thing they were doing. It was neat that they asked us because we aren't technically cousins! But it was really cool, we got to meet some of their real cousins. There was JD and he was real nice, we all got along great right away. There was Aust and Dyl, who were 4 and 2, and Jess, Jman, and Mayfee really enjoyed them. They were great! All the little boys had an awesome time finding little frogs and such. I wasn't that escatated when Just snuck up on me with one of those though! (He WILL be some kind of comedian one day!) We also met their Nana and Pawpaw, and their aunt and uncle who were all super-duper nice and great! We ate a bunch of sloppy joes, then played some whiffle-ball. It was really funny, Mrs. W separated everybody into teams so the ages would be right and it was all Taggs vs Wingycousins except for me and Drallen! So I was with the Wingycousins and the adults on our team were Wingyaunt and Mrs. W. Mom and Mr. W were on the Tagg team. It was really fun, and Wingys won!!! Yipee! Sticks was sliding into bases and such. He was the fastest one out there! Mayfee was even hitting the ball! Mr. W would say, "All right, look out everybody! Here's the big hitter!!!" He was grinning like a coon and ran the bases when he was supposed to. Princess Bird didn't like the idea of playing and cried some. She always wanted Mom to hold her and when she left it was either me, Lane, or Mrs. W. Another funny thing - she would kiss all the Wingy cousins but she wouldn't touch JD! She just looked at him with an "I don't know you, back off!" look and shook her head! She did like cookies and ice cream though!!!
When we got home that night we had a battle with a huge moth that was trying to take over our bedroom! We won though!!!(I think it was that one that we saw in the garage Dad) It was about the size of a big butterfly.
We went to McDonald's with everybody today because we were showing the house. I was petrified of that yucky place! If it were up to me, everybody that touched that play stuff would take a shower at home!!!:P I think it's Dad's fault I'm like that. He doesn't like germs and taught me in his ways!!!:P When we get back, we find that the people were running late and they didn't even come!!!!!!!!! They still want to do it today, but wherever we go - NOT McDONALD'S!!!!
I've been playing 3rd AGE on the XBOX and reading ERAGON today. Any good book I haven't read ideas? I'm out of books.
Have a Beeyoutiful Day!
Meggy T

6 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:50 PM

    sounds like funfunfun! ;D talk 2 Sarah about books.. that's who I go 2 when I'm out of books!! :P I'm reading the first of the old Millie Keith books right now... everybody's told me that it's a lot different than the Life of Faith 1s, but it's really not!
    nEway... keep me updated on ur scheming... :D
    luvya,
    emy

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey Meggy, would you be allowed to read Ted Dekker? He writes Christian suspense novels. They *are* kinda violent at times. But they're really good, with strong christian messages. This guy has some sort of weird imagination, and his plots are very complex, but you can totally tell that this guy is REALLY in love with Christ. His writings point to God's glory, and he really (and sometimes graphically) paints the contrast between God's goodness and man's depravity. Of course, sometimes that contrast (or the way in which he writes about depravity) could frighten some readers, so have caution...
    My fav Dekker books are the circle trilogy: Black, Red, and White.
    It's kinda reminiscent of "the lion the witch and the wardrobe", only not...
    Hmmm... other good books... have you read Emma, by Jane Austen?
    Have you ever read "a tale of two cities"? I liked that book.
    Another great book is "Stepping Heavenward" by Elizabeth prentiss. It's written as a diary of a young women, from the time she is sixteen on, through various struggles and happinesses, I can't tell more or I'll spoil the story for those who haven't read it.

    If none of these interest you, I have more!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous12:26 PM

    ok, Lana, I had to laugh when you were talking about Ted Dekker books... Jazlynn (T-rev's sister's nickname) has forbid me to read anything by him!! she says it would scare me... and Meggy says that I would faint if I watched LOTR!! lol... glad my friends take care of me, lol... :D
    ttyl,
    emy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous5:35 PM

    Okay, well, Meggy. Let's see, books, right?
    Okay, well, look at the library to see if they have the Silmarillion by JRR Tolkien...I would loan it to you, but I don't know when I'll see you. Course, I could just have Daniel drop some books off for you some day when he goes into work. Would that work? It would probably be Thursday...about 10..Would that work?
    If not, email me, and I'll give you about fifty book ideas...
    ~Sarah
    PS I agree about McDonalds!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Books, eh? How about "How much I love you?" or "Babies" Those are great! I know the babies love them anyway. There's also "Sesame street 123"... man, the list goes on and on... Just let me know if you need anymore advice. I know of about a kajillion books.

    And, by the way, be "germ aware" is a good thing. You learnt well my l'il padawan.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Emy,
    Yeah, Ted Dekker is kinda intense, but he is quickly becoming one of my absolute faves!! not for little children though, that's for sure. And if, say, his Circle trilogy, Showdown, or Saint were ever made into movies, I'm not sure I'd be able to watch them. (wouldn't stop me from trying...)

    I never knew who Jazlynn was... T-rev's sis, yeah, she's cool.

    ReplyDelete