Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Stuff I'm up 2

Gotta babysit in a few minutes. I toured the CCU campus yesterday and got a bunch of papers I need to look over. I'm planning on getting what they call "An English Major with an Emphasis on Creative Writing". Neat-o!!!!!!! I should talk to Lana about the whole CLEP ordeal. Lana, did you CLEP any classes? But it's cool, the CCU student writers put out a magazine with their work! How cool is THAT??? Really cool!!!!!!! Got my Peyton Manning jersey in the mail this week!!!!!!!!!!! I love it and it is AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Got pics, but they're not on here. Also got a couple new Sanctus Real cds on my iPod. Dad has decided that he really likes them! They ARE good. Also got a Dc Talk doubletake cd with the albums JESUS FREAK and SUPERNATURAL. Me likey!!!!!!!
I would like to draw your attention to the Girls of God blog. I post on it semi-regularly and it is NOT an abandoned blog!!!! I'm putting the KJ52 song, DEAR SLIM lyrics up here. I mention it and show the video on the GoG blog. The lyrics would've made it a WAY long post, so I'll stick em up here. It's a good song. There's actually 2. This one's the first one, the second one is when Slim heard this song.
Dear Slim I never wrote you or been callin
My name ain't Stan son, nah we've never met and
My name's KJ let me begin by introducing now
Myself to you and these very reasons I'll be writin
Why I took the time, the who what where and why and
The purpose of my verse, the reasons I'm reciting
What I hope your learnin from the truth I pray your finding
And every word I'm writin down upon the dotted lines and
See I heard ya first album, was called Infinite
I shook my head cause nowadays you soundin different
What drove ya take your whole persona and be flippin it now
What makes a man totally change see I ain't getting it
See was you sick of getting booed when you was rippin it
And sick of never havin dough and you your wanted to put an end to it
What good's all kinds of dough
Plus all kinds of flow
To gain a world of fans but suffer the loss of soul
CHORUS
La la la la la la,
La la la la la la la la
To whom it may concern x4
Dear Slim I never wrote you or been calling
This is my 2nd letter cause see son I gots a real problem
It's that to you that I'm always catching these comparisons
And after shows I got these people coming up to me sayin
You sound like Slim Shady son you sound like Eminem
And I be like now really man, do I gots to go through this again
See I used to get mad and sick of people saying that
Till at this one show this one day I met this one cat
He told me how he used to listen to you but now he listens to me
Had your LP but threw it out and bought my CD
I'm like for real he's like yeah he said my music made a difference
It got him away from all your words and images
I gotta mention this, now what about the effects you have on kids
You ever stop to think about the millions you influence
Or is it just irrelevent is it true life you telling it
Or just the way for some record companies sellin it
The only thing we got in common is our melanin
Or lack of it but anyway now this is what I'm sayin
It's for you that I'm on my knees now daily prayin
Prayin that God opens your eyes now to what I'm relayin
Now I'm praying that it's your heart that will soon be changing
Prayin one day that you'll be calling upon His name and
But anyway I'm signin off now don't keep me waitin
This is KJ another cat just trying to make it
CHORUS
Dear Slim I heard about the stuff you's going through
See I could relate to you cause son I'm about as old as you
See we both know what it's like just to be growing up to be in a neighborhood
When you's the only one and only kid that's white
Or to get booed when you on the mic just because your skin is light
It ain't right but sometimes you know that's life
But really tell me what you do
You just push on with hopes on that someday you'll put on your crew
I hope you understand that I ain't even dissin you
And even though its a song you'll probably never listen to
See what I send to you is this
Is that a life without Christ is just a life that is never fixed
Hope you remember this now a few sentences
About a living God who loves you and plus forgives
And I'll be praying for your ex-wife and plus your kid
It's hard to live in a world as crazy as this one is
And even though now it really might sound redundant
God's got mad love for you up in a mad abundance
You'll sell a couple mill I'll probably sell a couple hundred
There's more to life then selling records and just getting blunted
But anyway that's really all I gots to say
Just another word from an emcee now around the way
Maybe some day we meet each other in some way
Till then one love one God one way
CHORUS

49 comments:

  1. I promise I'll post soon, Meggy....but, keeping up with SDG, is hard. :P But, I will...soon...
    I can add the song to the playlist if you want....in fact, I'll just email you the password and username (as long as you don't change my other playlists. :P)....? Or, I can change it...whatever you like...
    love,
    Nan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous5:08 PM

    Cool!!!!!!!!!! You COULD just post the same post you did on SDG on GoG if ya wantadta. Have you heard the song? I don't even have any KJ52 stuff. Embarrassing, I know:P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous8:53 PM

    That is an awsome song!
    My big bro has the CD.
    Jazzy likey!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous8:55 PM

    Hey Meggy! Man, I've been like sooo busy lately and it's not gonnan stop for a while, so just wanted to say hey and that I read part of this post but didn't have time to read the rest (yeah, that's how bad it is) but that I'm jealous of you gettin to do that at college!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous8:17 AM

    You're jealous? I thought you didn't wanna go 2 college!!!!!!!! So if you're busy I guess we can't talk anytime soon:(? Waaaaaaaa.

    ReplyDelete
  6. College stinks. La te da! How are ya doin? Love ya!
    ~Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous12:17 PM

    About as good as Algebra can get ya!:P

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous7:32 PM

    Yeah, we have all his cds, cept the first one, methinks...
    Good idea. :P I'll have to do that...
    Trev got us hooked on KJ, btw...
    Amen to the Algebra...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous8:07 PM

    Curses to the Algebra!!!!!! I'm startin to like KJ52 2. At least I admit that he is the ULTRARADDEST white rapper ever!!!!!!!11

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous10:21 AM

    Meggy me is super busy as you now know but I still called you! ;)
    I'm jealous of the writing classes. Not jealous that you have to take math, history, science... blech!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous1:32 PM

    Then go to college!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anonymous10:10 PM

    nooo! I don't want to take all the other classes.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Anonymous10:18 AM

    CHICKEN!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's just a couple little things. Like they say, ya can't write without being smart!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Anonymous2:23 PM

    Well I would totally stink at history, and science would be no fun cause they'd teach evolution, etc, etc, etc...

    ReplyDelete
  15. Anonymous2:58 PM

    college is for the Orcs!
    And KJ-52 is amazin' stacey!
    -jaz

    ReplyDelete
  16. Anonymous8:43 PM

    Well, I think orcs are cute:P

    ReplyDelete
  17. Anonymous8:30 AM

    ew, Meggy, you sicko... aren't those the slimy brown creatures that the whatevers make outta mud? So you moved to CO to go to college and marry an.. orc? oh dear. Well member how I have to meet him before you can marry him? I ain't approvin.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Anonymous8:59 AM

    Well, you may approve later since you know nothing about orcs. If you say they're all brown, that's like saying birthday cards are always blue. There are red orc, stark blue orcs, lotsa orcs. I've gotta chance!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Anonymous1:16 PM

    Orcs are yucko. Just like college. If you marry one, it's cool with me, as long as I get to kill one of his cousins with a sword. Or maybe an ax.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Anonymous1:23 PM

    Oh, be my guest Jaz!!!!! Any of my in-laws are open for slaughter!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Anonymous1:43 PM

    I'm sure they are. ;)
    And there's green orcs, Meggy. :P And white ones...

    ReplyDelete
  22. Anonymous2:26 PM

    forget the orcs, she's gotta marry a fball player accordin' to ME! *giggles* Emy didn't like that idea because she's hanging onto a hope that ONE day Meg will shut up 'bout fball, but I say MAY THAT DAY NEVER COME! *giggle*

    I stepped into the dogs water bowl today, just a few minutes ago. My feet are cold....and wet....

    listening to "Who Am I" by Casting Crowns right now, WAS listening to "Voice of Truth" but heard it too many times to like it. *shrugs* Who Am I is really slow, but I likey...it has a good message....ANYhow...

    I CAN'T BELIEVE IT!!!! Meggy dearie, HOW did we have a WHOLE 15 minutes of talking w/o ANY fball?! WHAT?! The world ain't gonna believe it....and listen, that just can't happen again!!! It's like, totally not cool!!! We need fball talks...and talkin' 'bout Darren ain't exactly the type of fball talkin' I'm thinkin' bout! *giggles* I am totally Farve crazy lately, forget Eli *gasps* but...playin' Farve makes me HAPPY! ^_^ And I played a WHOLE GAME last night, didn't end until past 11!!! And FARVE GOT HURT!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!! Poorpoorpoor Farve!!! Happened in the 2nd quarter and I wasn't gonna play after that but KcD said I had to play in Farve's memory to I did. *giggles* And....FARVE GOT BETTER and I got to play him the rest of the game! WAHOOOOO!!!!!! Happyhappyhappy day sweet! ^_^

    Love you girl!! ^_^
    Toria

    ReplyDelete
  23. Anonymous6:57 PM

    YEA!!!!!!!!!! Gee whiz girl, QBs barley ever get hurt in that game!!!!!!!!!! Either you take all day to throw or they blitz ya every time!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Dog water? I can relate. Cept it was thrown on me by Lukey:z ARRRRRG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He's so mean!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Anonymous7:46 PM

    I thought orcs were evil. ^_-

    ReplyDelete
  25. I'm in college....

    Anyway, Meggy, I clepped out of five, maybe six classes. I can't remember... Sorry.
    If you want more info, you can email me, I'd be glad to tell you about it.

    BTW, I *love* CLEP tests.

    Creative Writing - that's so exciting Meggy! I wish we had that at UAFS.... I head that there's a good program at UA, but alas, it is a bit too far :(

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wait, just read the comments...
    Meggy, just because you lost your chances with your crush Gollum doesn't mean you should throw yourself away on the first orc that think you would taste good!
    Gosh.
    No, Precious, Emy wouldn't approve of Orcses. Emy wouldn't approve at all....

    ReplyDelete
  27. Anonymous7:40 AM

    I shouldn't? Well...*sniff sniff* I-I just can't help it!!! They're all so cute and I think it's the best I can get. What with my poor Gollum leaving so tragically:(

    ReplyDelete
  28. Anonymous11:27 AM

    hahaha ya'll are so funny...
    Well then, see Meg? You can't marry an orc. Lana says I wouldn't approve, and I have to approve, member? We agreed on approving.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Anonymous11:45 AM

    But to be exact about exact things that must be known exactly as they are exact in order to be exact, Lana is not POSITIVE you won't agree!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Anonymous2:33 PM

    MARRY AN ORC!!
    Come on, you know you wanna!
    She has to so I can kill one
    and have it mounted. I'd put
    it in my room and name it Bruce.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Anonymous2:34 PM

    Or Wilma if it was a girl.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Anonymous6:02 PM

    Not Wilma. I'd make sure you get one of my uncles in law.

    ReplyDelete
  33. No please daer don't marry an orc they are too hairy. Hair is yucky.

    Meaggy dear I hear you are in love. Who is he?

    There are some verynice people in your neck of de woods right now skiing. Who know where they are in those woods though. Call me tomorrow por favor. You got free phone I dunt.

    :smooch:*

    ReplyDelete
  34. Meggy, I's POSITIVE that Emmy won't approve, so if you want to marry one of the orcses, he shall simply have to eat her first.
    Or carry her away to isengard where she can't wreck your relationship.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Anonymous7:45 AM

    Oh, dear. Well, I don't want her to get eaten. And it rains up there on the top of orthanc and that's the only place she wouldn't call me. So... either I'll have to put up a tarp on the spires, or how bout BEFORE I marry him I'll just make him agree to not hurt Emy at all, never even SPEAK to her. How bout that Emmers?

    ReplyDelete
  36. Anonymous11:54 AM

    No I don't wait, well sometimes I have to because I'm always throwing to my brother 'cause we're on the same team but I'm always gettin SACKED! and that's no fun!!! and jazzy dear watch your mouth!!! ^_^ and nope, I don't approve of her marrin' an orc anyhow...

    I GOT YOUR LETTER!!!!!! oh happyhappyhappyHAPPY DAY!! I was jumping up and down!! ^_^ Imma sending you a letter today, k? It's in the mailbox RIGHT NOW AS WE SPEAK! Actually while I speak, you're not talkin. Oh well. When do you want me to send the tape back???

    Love you girly!! and next time we talk....it's gonna be ALL fball, k? ^_^

    Love you, the little kids gotta go to sleep in here so I need to GIT!
    Toria

    ReplyDelete
  37. Anonymous12:25 PM

    YEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Letterletterletter!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Send the tape back? Whaddaya talkin about you lil freak!? I already have it on my tv. I recorded it for you, it's yours!!!!!! Have you watched it yet? Oh, please say ya have!!!!!!!!
    Yup. Football galore baby!!!!!!!
    And Jazz, I hadn't thought about the kids. Lets just hope they take after the gorgeous side of the family. Ya know I just thought of something: When I DO get married, you're gonna call him an orc all my life whether he is or not!!! And that's just SO COOL!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  38. Anonymous3:39 PM

    Listen Meggy, how bout if you just don't marry an orc, and that will fix everything? :P Lana that was horrible! ;0

    ReplyDelete
  39. Anonymous4:29 PM

    Well.... what if I REALLY like him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  40. Anonymous6:00 PM

    I...I...I...*sobs* I MISS FARVE!!! I watched some clips of him and now I really miss him!!!!!!!! Oh what's a girl gonna do...you know, Eli and Peyton were just my back up QBs, Farve was my all!!! Oh dear oh dear oh DEAR!!!!!! And no Meggy we are very glad we talked this morning because otherwise we would never be able to talk our sadness out to each other if we waited. And just 'cause our dear, loveable Farve is gone doesn't mean he is leaving forever. *draws in deep breath* Nope. I'm trying to believe you that he'll be back for coin tosses.....and if no one else remembers him I'll go to the President himself and MAKE people remember him! Wear green and yellow on February 4ths...what would you know, those were the colors I was wearing today. Tragic.

    Love you girly...

    I GET THE TAPE?! Oh thanks sooooooo much!!!!!

    Love you!!!
    Toria
    p.s. don't cry too hard tonight, and I'll try not to, either, k?

    ReplyDelete
  41. Anonymous6:27 PM

    Well Meggy, you know what I said... as long as he has curly hair and blue or color-changing eyes and can talk like a LOTR guy and really loves you and is so sweet, you can. As long as he doesn't eat me.

    ReplyDelete
  42. Anonymous7:25 PM

    Emy, you're hopeless. It's unrealistic to have the only cute people you've ever seen on TV because... they're on TV BECAUSE they're cute. There ain't that many to spare.
    Yes Toria, but I am comforted by the fact that I knew it was time. Just... unexplicably... providencially... time. But I am heartbroken and we SHALL see him again.

    ReplyDelete
  43. Anonymous7:28 PM

    ooooohhh dear, I just saw that today's the 4th...and....*sobs* okay I won't say it. Everyone knows how special the number 4 is anyhow...Meggy I feel awful!!! and Chrissy said that my post made it seem like Farve died...oh well we might not see him again so it's like he did. NO! I take that back. We WILL see him again...somehow, someway. *sniffs...and sobs again* and so now i guess i'll just have to be a devote Peyt fan, huh? *sighs* or just like the new QB...but I can't!!! He's taking dear Farve's place!!! Oh dear, I guess I must like him tho...Meggy I don't know what to do!!!! TELL ME!!!!!

    Love you lots,
    Toria

    ReplyDelete
  44. Anonymous7:30 PM

    YOU'RE ON!!! YAY!!! I only have a few more minutes...but oh boy talkin' to you makes me feel better 'bout Farve!!! Oh and I sent you an e-mail about a movie clip but don't mind it, I changed my mind and don't want that one on there....

    love you!!!
    toria

    ReplyDelete
  45. Anonymous7:31 PM

    and we won't forget about him in our letters, will we??? promise???? cause I don't know if I could stand it if we forgot about him in our letters!!!

    love you,
    toria

    ReplyDelete
  46. Anonymous7:32 PM

    okay either I'm a really fast typer and you're slow, or you got off. I think you got off. Yeah. Now that's sad....'cause....you never told me what I should think!!!

    Love you girl,
    Toria

    ReplyDelete
  47. Anonymous7:34 PM

    Yup. You're off.

    G'night, girly, and...and don't cry too hard, okay? And...and...and I'll *try* not to, k? I'll *try*...but guess what? Peoples say that Brett Farve is/WAS *sobs* better than Peyton Manning AND Tom Brady....is that comforting or no? Who knows...makes me miss 'im more!! Heartbroken, pathetic me...

    Love you,
    Toria

    ReplyDelete
  48. Anonymous7:37 PM

    okay I really should go now, because it really isn't past 7:30 here, it's past 9:30 and dad'll be really mad if he finds me up...

    but I don't wanna go!!! *waaaa!*

    Oh well, I must.

    Love to all,
    Toria

    ReplyDelete
  49. Anonymous10:18 AM

    I'd rather you marry Frodo.
    You'd be a cute couple.
    Plus he has cool hair.
    And a sweetness accent.
    heart you!

    ReplyDelete