Friday, February 22, 2008

VERSE OF THE DAY: Devote yourselves to prayer with an alert mind and a thankful heart. Colossians 4:2 (I like that there one!)

So.... why am I posting???? I dunno.... hmmm letsee. Oooo! The dog got sick all over the house, but you probably didn't want to know that:z Then Mayfee broke a bowl:z I got BOOKS from the library!!!!!!!!!! Yea!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I got MANNING and THE LAST SIN EATER yesterday. Finished MANNING today and shall start LAST SIN EATER later tonight. Bekah told me to and she and EmNm both said that that was a jolly good movie. Been sick. Still a bit, but I get around. But not as far as the Tobymac/Jeremy Camp/Matthew West concert last night:( Horrid and sad!!!!:( Oh, well. It was Sir Luke's birthday yesterday. Happy Birthday Sir Luke!!!!!!!!!!!!! And thank you (and Nan too apparently) for bringing Emy THE HOBBIT!!!! I tried to tape Super Bowl XLI for Toria today. Watched the whole thing and for some perverse reason it didn't tape!!!!! The rage!!!! I'll try sometime else. I almost know every play, I've watched that game so many times!!!!!! We maybe might do something fun tomorrow like a hike or something! I found a cool hebrew word in Isaiah! It's Maher-Shalal-Hash-Baz. Took me a bit to actually say it out loud. It means: "Quick to the plunder, Swift to the spoil!!!!!!!" Whoa!!!! Neat I says!!!!! I think I'll use that sometime! I used an my last iTunes card on a PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN soundtrack. It's DEAD MAN'S CHEST. The organ music isn't as.... full as I expected. When Davy Jones plays the music box song in the movie it sounds SOOO resounding and neat and amazing. Not AS much on the cd, but it is good and I like it. Not EVERYBODY can put a soundtrack together like Howard Shore ya know!


Like I mentioned, Emy is reading the hobbit!!!!!! That makes me happy, but she knows not what Gollum/Smeagol sounds like. So, here it is:


"They're thieves. They're thieves. They're filthy little thieves. Where is it? Where is it? They stole it from us, my precious. Curse them, we hates them! It's ours it is, and we wants it!"

"Cold be heart and hand and bone and cold be travelers far from home."

"They do not see what lies ahead when sun has failed and moon is dead!"

"Musn't ask us, not it's business! Gollum, gollum!"

But Smeag looks REALLY evil in that picture.

"There is a sample of how Gollum talks. I don't suppose you want to hear any more" as Gandalf would say. So, here's something a bit more lighthearted: Boromir reminiscing about his beloved city.

"Have you ever seen it Aragorn? The white tower of Ecthelion, glimmering like a spike of pearl and silver, it's banners caught high in the morning breeze. Have you ever been called home, by the clear ringing of silver trumpets?"

Man, someday I want to be called home by the clear ringing of silver trumpets! That would be the best thing EVER!!!!!!! All eyes are on You, Lord. All eyes are on You.

30 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:37 PM

    Amen...wouldn't it be AWESOME to be called home by the silver trumpets? To see the banner catch the breeze? Just to flipping SEE GONDOR?????? I mean, COME ON!
    Okay, I'm done. :P
    Good post, Meggy....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:09 AM

    Actually yeah!!!! Minas Tirith would be AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!! I wouldn't want to go into Denethor's service, but to see it would be WHOOOOOOOAAA!!!!!!!! Even though I was more talking about heaven's silver trumpets when the Return of the King happens but STILL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Heehee!:P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous10:54 AM

    Oooh poor little Gollum is so cute and sad... me likey his voice but not the "gollum, gollum"... Who does that?!?! Did they do the voice all themselves or did they synthesize or whateveryacallit?? Anyway way cool (never thought you'd hear me say THAT bout LOTR, huh? :P) but I thought you said Smeagol was a Hobbit before he was Gollum, so why'd you call the pic Smeag??

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous11:39 AM

    Smeag was his nick name and when Frodo told him his name he really wanted to be called Smeagol. But Andy Serkis does all his voice and the GOLLUMS. That's why he made up Gollum juice. He totally would tear his throaght to shreds after doing the voice all day every day so he drank Gollum juice by the gallon so he could keep doing it. But hey, what about Boromir? You crazy, I was sure you'd say something about him! He's Ian in National Treasure!!!!!!!!!!!! Glad you're finally believing us about LOTR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous3:12 PM

    LOTR, what a wonderful thing it is!! And The Last Sin Eater was an awsome movie! The little girl was so adorable, wasn't she? I saw Dead Man's Chest in theatres. I liked it, but not as much as the other two. The first was the best, by far.
    -Jaz

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous4:00 PM

    Oh yeah. Everybody knows the first one's the best!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous7:48 PM

    I see about the names...
    Sooooo.... he made Gollum juice to help his throat, but it made him talk like Gollum?? ^_- Me confoosed again. :P
    AHH!!!! Boromir IS Ian!!! wowee! I guess I didn't notice... he has an awesome voice. Oh guess what? I found out who Gimli is in Princess Diaries! He's the bad guy in Princess Diaries 2. I was looking at pics of Gimli on the Arganoth and I knew the eyes looked familiar but couldn't place him, then I saw a pic of John Rhys-Davies and was like OH!! That's Nicholas' dad!!! :P Is Gimli good or bad?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous9:10 PM

    GOOOOOOOOD you numskull!!!!!!:P Just kidding you're not a numskull;) But it's a HUGE insinuation to say he might not be good. I mean, that's almost dangerous. You better say you're sorry before things get ugly and I turn into smoke and fireworks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!:0
    Well doll, this should settle it once and for all: If your throaght is 3rd degree damaged, you can't talk AT ALL, much less like Gollum. It's hard to talk like that anyway.
    Well, Sean Bean is talking like that on purpose for camera like ALL ACTORS DO. Few of them talk so girl-attractant in real life. They talk like REAL people who do REAL things, but for hollywood they bring on the money for cool talk. BUT british guys all talk cool all the time to us, that's just because we're well.... US and they're well... THEM. Like if a british dude says:
    "I think twinkies are an excellent source of calcium." We melt in awe and say: "Gosh, you're british! They must be."
    So as for voice: Ya gottit all wrong. But as for looks, ya can't go wrong. I mean, it's not like they're wearing a mask. Face masks don't seem to be as popular in hollywood as voice masks for some reason:P

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gollum is cool.
    Meggy, I'm answering the question you had for Brandon, and he can answer it too, just wanted to.
    Uhhh, I didn't think it was gory (sp?) until I read Plugged In. It's sorta gross, though I never noticed. I did notice when one man committed hara-kiri (suicide because of loss of honor). Also, Algren talks about the method of scalping (which is awesome, gross, creepy and sorta hilarious). There are a few bad words in it, and they use God's name at least six times.
    I don't know, maybe you should check out the plugged in site? It is a really good movie though, even better if you have a movie guard.
    I must go! Love you,
    ~Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous8:31 AM

    Oh, thanks! Yeah, I think we're fixin to get a dvd player with a block so then we can see more things!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I like plugged in online!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous2:40 PM

    Meggy I am mad at you. If I am a good girl to like your LOTR you should be a good girl and like my Anne Hathaway. She is not ugly, and I'll prove it. Though, I never said she was the prettiest girl I've ever seen. She is pretty in her own way and she is beautiful from the inside, at least she was then, I don't know about her now. I will send you more prettier pics of her.
    Who did I say wasn't good? Oh Gimli. I was wondering if he always had to play the bad characters. lol I'm glad he doesn't, that would be depressing and destructive to his self-confidence. :P
    You're confusing me, but Boromir DOES have an awesome voice; all the LOTR guys that I've heard do, esp. Frodo. *ahhhh....*

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anonymous4:27 PM

    Well, I'm saying they talk like that on purpose, not naturally.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Anonymous9:16 PM

    that don't mean it ain't AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sorry to get in the middle of your... discussion, but, I just have to say, GOLLUM ROCKS MY FACE OFF!!! Actually, Andy serkis ROCKS MY FACE OFF!! but, Gollum is pretty cool too. ;P

    btw emy, I tried Gollum juice the other day(without the rum of course), and it DOES NOT make you talk like Gollum, it just helps you from tearing up your throat quite so bad.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Anonymous8:32 AM

    Andy Serkis rocks mine off as well!!!!!!!! Gollum too. Have you heard of that movie he's in called INKHEART? He's the bad guy *awesome* It's not out yet, but I can't wait to see it!!!!!!!!!! Well, Emy, fake talk may be awesome, but I'm just making sure you know that it's not real.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Anonymous10:15 AM

    Gimli isnt' bad, Emy! He's awsome! He's awsome with an axe! And a beard!
    -Jaz

    ReplyDelete
  17. Anonymous10:19 AM

    And armor!!!!!!! And a helmet!!!! And shortness!!!!!!!! And a sense of humor!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Anonymous3:46 PM

    rock on Meggy!
    -jaz

    ReplyDelete
  19. Anonymous4:11 PM

    No, YOU rock on!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Anonymous7:06 PM

    I like Gollum too... ya'll are acting like I don't. Would I know Andy Serkis from anything else? prolly not, huh? :P
    Okay, thanks for the reassurance, Tony... lol And I'm glad you did it without the rum :P
    Meggy isn't SOME of the LOTR guys' accents real? But who cares. It still sounds awesome...
    AND I didn't say Gimli was bad, I just wanted it know. It was an innocent inquisition.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Anonymous7:41 PM

    Hon-NEY!!!!!!!!!!!!! I didn't say the accents weren't real!!!!!!!!!! Their tones and sounds aren't real.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Anonymous6:46 AM

    *sigh* Here we go again!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Anonymous7:44 AM

    No we're stopping. She knows what I mean now.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Anonymous9:09 AM

    oohhhh....... what??? I *don't* know what you mean. *sigh* I'm sooo confuzzled!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Anonymous3:22 PM

    sorry, Meggy. Emy's hopeless!
    -jaz

    ReplyDelete
  26. Anonymous4:36 PM

    Yup. Old news.

    ReplyDelete
  27. I miss you and our moms are conspiring something twards the end of the summer. I know not what. I am thinking it is a trip to your place but I don't know whether it be just me or all of us. I don't know! Umm I am in the Easter play agian this year. This time I have two songs to sing. I only know one of them. I miss you sooooo much. Only two months till you see me right?

    ReplyDelete
  28. Anonymous7:17 PM

    Right!!!!!!!!!!!:D I miss you so much too:( Moms conspiring huh? Hmmmmmm...

    ReplyDelete
  29. Anonymous9:30 PM

    I'm afraid Jazzy's right, but Meggy knows that.... she's known it for... 5 years or so. Haven't you? Did you know I was hopless when we tested in 5th grade? Or did you know it when we took PE?? :P

    ReplyDelete
  30. Anonymous7:49 AM

    Not PE, I didn't know. 5th grade? Maybe!!!!!:)

    ReplyDelete