Monday, January 28, 2008

Good throws make good catches. Horrible throws make outstanding catches.

VERSE OF THE DAY: For you are all children of the light and of the day;we don't belong to darkness and night. 1 Thessalonians 5:5
Livin life. So here's what's new...
Grandma H made me some curtains and pillowcases to match my quilt. And are they awesome! Haven't hung the curtains yet, I still need to get a rod. Linens & Things is having a sale, so I think Mom and I will go there. Zekey threw a tantrum when Mom dragged him away from the dog's water. He put his head down on the ground, snot and tears running freely. I just finished listening to the audiobook of Quiet Strength by Tony Dungy. That is a great book! Now I'm finishing the Pride & Prejudice podcast. Reading INKHEART to get an idea of the movie. Some bad language, so I'm a bit concerned for the watchers' welfare on account of Hollywood's lean toward that. But I dunno, maybe it'll be good. I hope it will! In church we're starting a new series on heaven. You don't hear a lot of sermons on that, and it was pretty good! There's so many things to imagine about it that we don't know. Also reading FAIREST out loud to the girls and it's just great! Reading Jane Eyre and skipped ahead to make sure she marries the guy. She does, so no worries. Here's where they meet the dwarf in my book - the rough copy.
The woods were quiet. Very, very quiet. Trojan walked along, gathering firewood - dead firewood, and keeping a watchful eye for Human Orcs. It seemed impossible that they could be so near in such silence. He picked up a dry branch and turned back toward the camp. He heard a twig crack behind him. Trojan whirled around, hand on his sword. Nothing. Just woods. He slowly walked backwards towards the camp, and heard somebody breathing behind him. If this was Huntram or Lendryn, he thought, they had better hold sufficient reason for stalking him. He turned his head, and there stood a small, stout being, with a firey red beard, axe at the ready. The dwarf received a face full of wood, while Trojan whirled around again. A rough looking man darted behind a tree and fired an arrow at him. Trojan dodged it and let out a eagle call, which was the emergency signal for the others. He ran towards the tree, but the bowman was gone again. "He must be a ranger or an elf" thought Trojan, facing the dwarf. The axe swung here and there with a couple of near-misses. Eldarion rushed up and the surprised dwarf felt the cool of metal on the back of his neck. He froze. Trojan and Huntram kicked around in the bushes for the bowman, but he was nowhere to be found. "Drop your weapon!" Eldarion snapped to the dwarf.
"Never!" he barked back. "I pledge my weapons, not surrender them!"
Eldarion raised his brows. Lendryn could tell he was impressed. "Rarely have I seen such bravery, nor such foolishness. Tell me," he said, allowing the dwarf to turn around. "Since you pledge your weapons, I wonder who you pledge them to? The highest bidder, perhaps?"
The dwarf looked disgusted. "You jest! Once a dwarf's loyalties are set they are set in stone! My allies are those who hate Gastro and the Human Orcs"
Eldarion nodded musingly and sheathed his sword. Huntram expected the dwarf to strike, but it did not. "We may keep the same company then. What is your name?"
"Maab Kuldar of the Iron Hills."
"That's where we're from!" Huntram blurted excitedly.
"Silence!" Eldarion snapped.
Trojan was still angry. "And who was your friend?" Maab looked curiously at him. "That sneaky fellow with the bow."
"He is Gage. And he's not with me."
"And how is it that you two travel this land in which you have no business?" Trojan asked in a rough voice.
Maab looked his hate. "I have not pledged my loyalties, not to you, cloaked man. What do you suspect of my business to ask it? And how comes it to be your business to ask mine?"
Eldarion took over. "Why are you in Mirkwood?"
"I could ask the very same question to you!"
People could only toy with Eldarion for so long. He raised his voice and drew his sword again. "It appears that you are at our mercy, so if you want to spare your life than you will do yourself a favor by answering what I ask you!"
Maab's face became more controlled but he remained undaunted. "I do not give information until I know who I am giving it to. Who are you and your companions? Where do yout loyalties lie?"
"This is Trojan Strongsword of Gondor. These are Huntram and Lendryn Shaster. This is Brithil the Elf from Mirkwood. Our loyalties lie away from the king."
Maab waited. When he got no further introduction, he asked "And you?" Eldarion glanced at Trojan, who kept his eyes on the ground and shook his head.
"I am Cyras of Gondor. Now tell us your business."
The dwarf seemed hesitant to answer. "I seek a man."
"What man?" Trojan snapped.
"Eldarion son of Aragorn." Trojan, Brithil, and Eldarion maintained their expressions, but the boys gasped and looked at Eldarion. It did no harm as Eldarion was already speaking. "Your search is over, Friend dwarf. I am Eldarion son of Aragorn." Trojan made an astonished noise and looked as if their whole quest had been betrayed. Eldarion continued, "If you are a spy which I see that you are decidedly not, we are too many for you. If you are a friend, look into my eyes and see that it is so."
Gee whiz, that is awful. And the only reason Eldarion knows he's not a spy is because he has certain abilities. It's not foolish assumption. Please don't think any less of me for having a terrible bit of scribble on the internet. I'd better leave, the spell check on this thing is going nuts! Heehee!

33 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:03 PM

    I almost called you today but then I ran out of time as I was trying to write a paper on sewage. Alas, maybe da morrow? I liked it. The story that is. I don't write dear and you know it. I would post a story or something of my own but um well it would be beyond even what I can take of humilation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:48 PM

    Thanks for visiting my blog! No, I have gotten the chance to listen to the music yet, though I do keep meaning to. Hopefully I will get the chance to soon. I'm sure it's beautiful! I'll let you know when I listen to them. The very title of "Twilight and Shadow" intrigues me!

    Do you like "Jane Eyre"? I've only read an abridged version and I didn't like it at all! It haunted me for a while! I also thought it was really sad. But I know other people who have read it and like it.

    Blessings,
    ~HannahElizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  3. But dying with your true love by your side is much more romantic... especially if it was like Romeo and Juliet, and you died because you loved each other... yes! That's it... I want to die with the love of my life so that we would be in heaven together right away..... :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous9:46 AM

    e-MY! That's pathetic! You are taking your romantic sensibilities too far!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous7:06 PM

    what? :P

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous7:18 PM

    Nah, I'd rather die with my true love too....but, I think I'd like to figure out who it is first. :P
    Anyways, the story rocketh. :) I likey it! I can't make myself write LOTR fan fiction though...or freak fiction, as the case may be. But, still, I like it...
    I loved Jane Eyre! Very depressing....very good! Ending wasn't the best, though...
    Fairest??? As in FAIREST by the LADY WHO WROTE ELLA ENCHANTED? Cause that book totally rocked my face off....completely and utterly...Anyways, I memorized several parts of it, cause I liked it so much (not on purpose, just cause I read it so much...)..
    Kk, gotta go,
    Nan

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous7:42 PM

    Nan- you are worse than me with Ella Enchanted!

    Meggy- Did you love Fairest from the very depths of your soul? Well, did you?

    Emma- I'm afraid that there is no hope left for you. I'd rather die fighting Darth Mahl or something. I like cheesy love stuff, but that is where I draw the line, I'm afraid.

    Meggy again- Sweet story! Very enjoyable. I only fell asleep once!
    Just kidding, calm down! I liked it, really!
    Love you guys! Mucho Grande Fiesta! (don't ask why I did that, please)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jazzy~ Very big party? *Why did you do that???* :P

    Meg and Jaz~WHY is it so bad to want to die with your true love???

    Nan~ I guess if I ever find myself dying with a guy next to me I'll know, huh? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous11:02 AM

    You guys are so pitiful!

    - Emy, it's not bad to die with you "true love" but it would be cooler to die doing something noble, like killing Orcs.

    Hannah- I must say say something. Ahem: Absence makes the heart grow fonder. So, the longer you wait for your true love, the more special it shall be! Like Mrs. Lanie! Don't tell anyone I said that, I just needed and example.

    Meggy- You're beautiful. Not that I can see you, but I figured you're still beautiful since the last time I saw you...

    Love you guys a million Reeses' cups!
    -Jazzy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous2:48 PM

    Jazzy~ okay, fine... how about if I die doing something noble WITH my true love??? :D
    "Absence makes the heart grow fonder"? aww... I never thought of that.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous2:50 PM

    hehee, I just thought of something kina funny.... "absence makes the heart grow fonder", huh? I guess that's especially true of ppl you don't like... cause it's a lot easier to be fond of them when they're absent... :P

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anonymous3:17 PM

    I suppose it is. Seein as they ain't there to be annoying.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Anonymous3:41 PM

    I can't believe you read books that way!! It ruins it! That's the BEST part, is not knowing what happens. Jane Eyre is one of my favorite books of all time. I have to say it is the mystery that keeps it going. you gotta quit cheating like that!!! Did you do that for the Woman in White too?!! Shame shame shame.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Anonymous4:10 PM

    Well.....yes I did it to Woman in White a lot more than in Jane Eyre. I don't call it cheating! I call it being in the know!!!!!!!:P

    ReplyDelete
  15. Anonymous5:51 PM

    Hey Meggy,

    Okay, forget all this romantic dying-at-thou's-side stuff, let's get down to what matters....FOOTBALL!!! *giggle* Okay, maybe it's not the most important things but it certainly does MATTER!! *giggle*

    No way, well...okay, duh, yeah I shoulda' known that the Peyton Mann was gonna go watch his lil' bro. ^_^ Don't know why I never thought of that, but I REALLY hope it doesn't make 'im nervous!!! He CANNOT be defeated! No no no!!! My dad said that the Lil' Mann will go d-o-w-n...no no no!!! Have faith! Believe that a teen that can't weigh more than 130 pounds can whoop them pats!!! GO ELI!!!! He can do it....he's got to do it....I look at it like Facing the Giants: He really wasn't even gonna be playing this season, but he is! He's not supposed to be in the playoffs, but he was! He's not supposed to be at the Superbowl, but he is! And he's not supposed to win....BUT HE WILL!!! there, now my faith is lifted again. ^_^

    And oh my goodness....Emy? Just read that comment....you are SO deeper than I THOUGHT, girl! Wow...sure, die with your love, or just save someone (like your love!) from being run over by a bus...that'a'way you'll go down together. *giggle*

    Love you Meg,
    Toria

    ReplyDelete
  16. Anonymous6:06 PM

    I feel like talkin' so I'm back again. ^_^

    Emy, have you read "Love's Enduring Promise"? Now that is one of my all timer favs. Def. out of the whole Love series. THAT's what you call romantic, when you hate the guy then end up you can never ever live without him....It's just so sweet!!! Willie rocks my socks off!!! *giggle* and I'm not very into romance books, but that one was good. So was "A Gown of Spanish Lace" (since we're on the topic!) That one rocks my socks AND my house! See, now that's what you call dramatic romantic! Evil becomes good. Hate becomes love. Never living with to never living without...okay, whatever. Not as fun to talk about like football, but my friends say I'm getting dull since the 3 bestest guys ever walked into my life! *dramatic sigh*

    Anyhow, Meggy, I sent you a letter the other day...hope it got to you! Weird, I've only known Emy for 1 year (seems WAY longer than that!!! love you emy to bits!) and now I got like this whole other world down in AR and CO!!!

    Love yous,
    Toria

    ReplyDelete
  17. Anonymous6:42 PM

    Emy- I appreciate your comments. And yes, "Absence makes the heart grow fonder" works in two ways. Very good, but in this case it was the lovey-one.

    Meggy- You never told me, HOW MUCH DID YOU LOVE FAIREST??? I loved it mucho much! (I love saying that!) It was wonderful, but, not as wonderful as... HOMESTARRUNNER!

    Everyone- I GOT THE DAUGHTRY CD TODAY!!!! SNAPS FOR JAZZY! *SNAP* *SNAP* *SNAP*

    Bye bye, lovely ladies!
    -Jazzy

    ReplyDelete
  18. Anonymous8:15 PM

    Daughtry! Neat! Well Amaurea, I have not finished FAIREST. I am reading it with them girls and I read slower out loud. But do not worry yourself over my sanity: I have INKHEART to sustain me.
    Toria ~ Also, Eli wasn't supposed to have a job right now, but he does. Praypraypray!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Toria what do you mean? Was I really deep or are you kidding?

    ReplyDelete
  20. Anonymous10:49 AM

    Meggy,
    You will love the ending!!
    They even have a shout out to Ella Enchanted in it!
    -Jazzy

    ReplyDelete
  21. what was the shoutout to Ella Enchanted??

    ReplyDelete
  22. Anonymous9:42 PM

    the concert was the best... i know you're jealous... :( I'll send you more pics soon... or will that make you more jealous? :P just got back from hs fellowship!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. The epilogue, dearest Emma...
    "Absence makes the heart grow fonder." Um, yes, I would say that is in MOST cases true, but I can mention one of the top of my head where it doesn't....in the lovey sense, I suppose. I'm just saying I'd like to find out who my true love that I'm dying with is a few moments before dying...
    And, honestly, I'd rather die of Strychnnine poisoning than be run over by a bus. ;) Just my thoughts...
    Meggy, you should be proud of me...I'm going to watch the Superbowl. Guess why???? PRINCE CASPIAN IS GOING TO HAVE A 30 SECOND SLOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!! MAY 16, BABY!
    Okay, I'm going now...
    the concert really did rock...
    a lot..
    fine, I'm going,
    Hannah

    ReplyDelete
  24. Anonymous7:37 AM

    what'd it say bout Ella Enchanted???
    REALLY??? Now *I'M* jealous... you have to tell me every single thing that happens in those 30 seconds, ok??
    ~emy

    ReplyDelete
  25. Anonymous9:37 AM

    That's the only reason you're watching it? :0 Well, I think you can show more concert pictures without me dying. For the moment. I had a dream that (if it had been true) was BETTER than going to the concert!!!! But honestly, I think thinking about that concert helped INSPIRE the dream. That and the Superbowl. I'll tell about the wonderfullness later.

    ReplyDelete
  26. I am like Jaz in the whole dying thing.

    Strychnnine would cause me to hurt a bus would nock me out and then I would be with Jesus. The bus beats the poison.

    I should like to read Fairest. Sound mucho grande bueno.

    LLB spent the night last night. I's was tired when I got up this morning to make to church for early service. ;L We were at the Noom's till 11:00. Heath was with us and I saw Jaz. I need to do somethin with that girl.

    Oh,Oh Heath and I went to a prom fair and she bought a dress. Tis pretty and dark purple. Slim cut. Pretty.


    :smooch:

    ReplyDelete
  27. They did it!!! How cool is that?

    ReplyDelete
  28. Anonymous11:01 AM

    THE GIANTS WON THE SUPERBOWL! SNAPS FOR THE GIANTS! I was afraid they would get turned to creamed spinach, but they won! And I'm the reason they made that last touchdown, I used the force! It's true! Ask Sweet-T! And Emy, in Fairest, it says that her sister (Arieda) stayed close to the Queen of Frell (Ella). That was the shoutout. And the concert was amzin' Stacey! (don't ask) We met BARLOWGIRL! LAUREN BARLOW SHOOK MY HAND! AND TOLD ME SHE LIKED MY PURSE! (the one that looks like a guitar) We scrum when we went outside! We scrum very loudly! And high school fellowship was flippin' sweet, too.
    love ya'll!
    -Jaz the Spaz

    ReplyDelete
  29. Anonymous11:11 AM

    She did not shake your hand, Jazzy!!! She gave you a high five! She shook MY hand!!! :P
    Oh, yeah, I forgot about that.... so cool...

    ReplyDelete
  30. Anonymous1:06 PM

    Emy, high fives are better. Sorry!

    ReplyDelete
  31. OHHHHH!!!!!!!!!! You read fairest!!!!! I love that book, Brandon got it for me this month!!! I love Gail Carson Levine books!!! You must go see my video, tis awful! Love you girl!
    ~Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  32. Anonymous9:57 PM

    Meggy Taylor T!!!!! You're horrible! Handshakes are more touchy... I touched her more. :P

    ReplyDelete
  33. Anonymous3:52 PM

    High fives mean they think you're awsome, handshakes are formal and mean "I'm doing this because I have to"
    -Jazzy

    ReplyDelete